Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Been A While!

My friend, Kari, told me today that she missed my blogs. I realized, I do too! What a good outlet for me, I think I don't have time for this, but if it's good for me, I should do it. So try again I will, to do this for myself. It's been a year since I last "blogged" and so much has happened, I can't even begin to catch up....so I will just start anew.

I went to the doctor today. I'm almost 8 weeks post surgery (hysterectomy) and am doing very well, well sort of. A few weeks ago at work while I was trying to be superwoman moving tables and buffing floors, I started to pee blood (ok, stop now if you just don't want to know this much about me!) This went on for a few days and I went to my primary care physician. She couldn't figure out what was up...there was blood but no infection. So she referred me to a urologist. I went to see him today and although he had no answers, he did want to do some tests. To begin with, I have to get a CAT scan tomorrow. And joy of joys, I get to drink these two HUGE (well, 16oz) bottles of "berry flavored" barium tonight. Berry flavored chalk more like it! And then nothing to eat after 9pm. When I get to the hospital tomorrow, more "berry chalk" and then an IV wth dye. Once that is over I will go to the lab for some labwork ("to rule out cancer", he says ever so calmly). Then, on March 17th I get to have a cystoscopy. A scope put up into my bladder to see how it looks from the inside! Now, some will tell you, this is no big deal...but I'm so sorry, tubes just should not go in certain places, and that's one of those places!! I've actually had two scopes before, when I had kidney stones and did not handle it very well. I was awake both times and that was just WRONG! I guess we all have our things. For some it's needles, for me it's scopes. So after some begging and pleading, he agreed to do it under general anesthesia. YEA! Now that's the best news I got at the doctor's office!

So, that's my update. For now. I'm planning on LOTS of good news from these tests. I'm sure I just overdid it, so soon after surgery and all is fine now. I'm not in pain, and I feel like if something were terribly wrong, I would hurt.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I hope it works out and nothing else is wrong. Glad I got you to write again! Been a year, oof! :)