Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a week!

Seems I've already used "What a Week!" as a title of one of my posts...but if the title fits, blah blah blah.



My dad was here for 2 weeks, just left Monday. It's always a good time when he is here. The kids adore him and we always have fun! We went to see my 96 year old Grandma when he was here and it was a wonderful experience. She is an amazing woman, just had surgery for yet another cancer and is recovering fine. They managed to get all the cancer. It's amazing to me that they would even do surgery on a 96 year old, but the surgeon said that was no reason not to. She's in perfect health! She was thrilled to spend time with the kids. I haven't seen her smile so much in a long time.



I've started working out at the gym, determined to lose some weight. With my youngest 4 years old now, I can no longer use the excuse "baby fat" . Time to get busy. Wish me luck.



I started my volunteering for the year at Rachael's school today. I've been rather anxious about it, ready to get started. I've felt so disconnected and being there, meeting her classmates and being a part of it made me feel better. I only do an hour a week, but it's so worth it! Rachael enjoys having me there and I like knowing the kids that she's talking about everyday! I've already been to Matthew's school a few times, so it was good to go to hers.



So, it's almost time to head to the gym. Wednesdays are my busiest day I think. Kids to school, volunteer, gym, pick up Matthew at 11:30am, shop for Nana, laundry, clean house, Rachael home at 3:00. Get the kids settled, fed, bathed, etc before I have to go to choir practice tonight. Who says I don't have a full time job? :)



As of right now, I've got 2 blogs going. I haven't decided where I will hang my hat. So in the meantime, I'm double-posting. I'll see which blog seems to work better for me (and you).



Having a great day, I hope you do the same.

No comments: