Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mammograms

Today was the day. My first mammogram. Oh the horror stories I had heard with all the squishing and pressing and pinching. Come on now....it was nothing! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fun, but it was really nothing.

2 1/2 years ago my best friend since kindergarten died of breast cancer. I couldn't help but wonder what her first mammogram was like. She was so young! She has been on my mind so much today. I miss her, so many days I get angry because she's gone. She had babies the same age as mine, now they have no mother. It's just not fair. But SHE is the reason I had this mammogram. Every year on her birthday, I donate to the Komen foundation. I can't bring her back, but I pray that they will find a cure. She has a daughter. I have a daughter.

So girls, go get your mammogram. It's so not a big deal! But in so many ways, it is a big deal. It took me all of 15 minutes. Do it for your babies, if nothing else.

No comments: