Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What a Week!

It's been a non-stop crazy week so far! It started Sunday morning, the first "choir" Sunday of the season. The choir did great, of course. I'm glad to get that first performance out of the way, it's always a little nerve-wracking for me! Of course I had to pick a more difficult piece for the first Sunday, which looking back, I think wasn't wise. The choir was fine but I could have decreased my stress level if I had picked something a little easier. I guess I got a little carried away directing, though. In the middle of the performance I whacked the microphone that was standing beside me! Luckily it didn't fall over in a loud crash! I don't think anyone noticed, but I tried to control myself after that!

Monday consisted of getting the kids to school, running for a lengthy trip to Walmart, picking up Matthew, cooking and cleaning and then off to committee meetings at church at 5:30pm. Who says I don't have a full time job? I'm on the worship committee and am secretary for the Deacons, both of whom met that night. Made it home by 7:45pm, just in time to get the kids to bed!

Tuesday? More of the same. Entertaining Matthew, running errands and of course yesterday was the YMCA's High School Musical 2 Extravaganza, which Rachael has been SO excited about! I dropped off her and her friend after school and then Matthew and I showed up after the movie for a swimming party. Home in time for dinner, homework and bedtime. (Yes, first graders with homework. I can't even IMAGINE a few years from now if they ALREADY have homework!)

Today? More of the same. Got to take Matthew to school, Nana to the store, get some recycling done, housecleaning and get ready for choir tonight. I know, for those who have "real" jobs it sounds like I've got it easy. Trust me, it's not. I've neglected the house more than I should this week, simply because I've been out running. Maybe I'll find time for me next week?

As you can see, no new and exciting news, just the same ol' stuff. But we are looking forward to my Dad coming to visit in 2 weeks! It's always fun when he comes. He entertains the kids and never requires us to entertain him! He enjoys just living our lives while he is here.

Time to get Matthew ready for school!

No comments: