Monday, January 28, 2008

Birthday Parties and Snow Play

We had a busy weekend, but as one of my friends says, "it's better to keep moving!" That tends to be especially true for me even though sometimes all I want to do is doze on the couch!

We went to a birthday party on Saturday for a friend of mine's daughter (that's GOT to be bad grammar, but oh well!). It was at the bowling alley and we had a really good time. Rachael and I had a chance to bowl a little together (Matthew was MUCH more interested in the arcade). I realized it had been a good 15 years since I had bowled! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed bowling, although I must admit I don't remember ever bowling (as an adult) without drinking beer! Seemed a little odd to be bowling with Orange soda! But such is the life of a Mommy!

After the party we were able to play outside for a while. It was in the upper 30's (the beginning of a heatwave!) and the kids enjoyed sledding down our hill. We did manage to get out again yesterday and do the same and the temperature was into the 40's! But never fear, it will be back into the teens by tonight with a snow forecast for tomorrow. Too good to last!

Yesterday at church the hand bell choir played for the first time under the direction of their new director...me! They were awesome. Who wouldn't want to direct a group as great as they are?! It was a bit hectic yesterday, I was directing and ushering but it always seems to come together.

So here we are, back to Monday. My day "off". I'm headed to take Matthew to school and then off to the gym. There will be housecleaning to be done (is that ever NOT the case?) but I'm taking it easy today.

One day and counting smoke free.....getting nervous. I realize how hard this will be, but I'm really dedicated to this. I've got friends keeping me accountable, along with Rachael and my Dad....what a cheering squad!

No comments: