Monday, January 21, 2008

A Good Day

Today was a good day. Rachael was out of school today so we had to make some plans! Once we dropped Matthew off at preschool we went to the YMCA. She played in the playroom while I worked out. I've joined the "Lighten Up Iowa" group not only to drop a few pounds but to get in better shape. So this was a great chance to get some exercise in. Once I had worked out for a while I went and got her and we walked the track together for a while. We still had some time to kill so we went into one of the empty gyms to play basketball. We had a great time!

We picked up Matthew and headed to Subway for lunch. It's been snowing all day but that doesn't keep the lunch crowd away! The place was packed but we managed to get our food and visit with a few people from church that we ran into.

Then, we headed back to the Y for a few hours in the pool. They had a blast! Matthew gets to go to the pool occasionally with his preschool class, but it had been a while since Rachael had been able to go. It seemed funny to me, these kids playing in the pool and you could look outside and see the snow falling. I guess I haven't lived in Iowa long enough for that to not seem strange to me!

My plan worked....well, partially. Rachael was sound asleep by 8:30 (even though she slept in this morning). Matthew, however is still going strong, playing in his bed at 9:20pm.

My initial thought, when planning all the activities at the YMCA today was for the kids to have fun. To my surprise, I had just as much fun. :)

No comments: