Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Report Cards

Well, today was report card day for Rachael. She got the equivalent of all A's (for a first grader). She really does well in school. I'm glad she likes it so much. On her oral reading test, the minimum benchmark score for reading aloud was 20 words per minute. Rachael scored 117 words per minute. Ya gotta be proud of that! I try not to make a HUGE deal out of it all because she's awfully young to worry about pressure and "scores" and such. But I'm just terribly proud. We did Taco Bell kids meals for a reward.

Matthew got his preschool report card a few weeks ago (boy they start early with the report cards these days!) and he also got the equivalent of all A's. He's one of only 4 kids (out of 21) who could write his name at the beginning of the school year. I could have been kinder and given him a shorter name, but I wasn't blessed with that, why should my kids be? :)

I hate to brag, but sometimes you just gotta. :)

No comments: