Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Calming Down

At least it seems that way. The kids are recovered. Rachael is back in school and had a wonderful first day back. In fact, she said it was her best birthday ever. After school she had dance practice then we had her favorite, spaghetti for dinner. By then she was completely exhausted and went to sleep without a bit of trouble.

I got a gift for Rachael's birthday too! My dad bought me a new digital camera. My old one was 4 years old and in digital camera years that's pretty antiquated. His rationale for buying me a new camera (other than the other one just pooped out) was that we all benefit from my camera, I regularly send pictures to him of the kids, etc. So he benefits as well. Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots more pictures as I play with my new toy!

I'm still working on my friendships, relationships and am taking a good hard look at myself in the process. I will update as I learn more (and I hope I do!). A dear friend of mine wrote in her blog recently , "But, if GOD is listening right now, I would just like to point out, that I really think I am strong enough now. No more lessons for that are necessary…okay? And by the way, I think I have the patience thing down too, so no more lessons for that either, okay?" I'm feeling that too....seems we keep having to learn lesson after lesson....it never ends! By the way, she's got a great blog! Worth checking out. She's a fantastic writer and is working on a collection of short stories. I hope you don't mind the plug, Julie, but you rock! Both as a friend and as a writer! Check her out at: Julie Ann Writes

Well, both kids are at school. I've got to run and get valentine party supplies for BOTH classes. Parties on Thursday and Friday!

Oh and for the record, I'm still smoke free! Granted, being sick probably helped the cause, my coughing has been so bad I can't imagine smoking! But look at my counter!! I'm doing it! Yea Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you for not smoking!!! Woohoo!! Hang in there, it gets easier! :D