Friday, February 1, 2008

Keep A Bucket in the Car

There are so many joys to motherhood...so many I could spend a lifetime and never name them all. But let me tell ya. I don't do sick kids. I guess it's a good thing mine are rarely sick, because I'd probably have to hire a nurse! I mean seriously, the whining, the crying, the wanting to be carried everywhere, the various excrements! You can have it.

Can you tell I have a sick kid? Yup. Matthew woke me up Wednesday night in the middle of the night fussing. I took him downstairs to lay on the couch (so I'm not the perfect mother who puts them straight back in bed!) and noticed he had a fever. Not a bad one, but one nonetheless. He was coughing a little but nothing alarming.

The next morning he was no better so I made him an appointment with our doctor. There's just too much pneumonia and flu going around to not be careful. He was tested negative for the flu (thankfully!) and given cough medicine for the cough. He slept most of the day and when it was time to get Rae from school we piled up in the car and headed on to get her.

I guess it was a combination of the cough medicine and the bump-bump of the car but Matthew was getting sicker, and fast! We ran by the bank and while in the drive-thru, Matthew unloaded, literally....all over the backseat. Poor Rachael, I thought she was going to climb in the glove compartment!

He felt better after and ended up sleeping the rest of the day and night. He's still got fever, cough, but at least the sleep will help. We'll see how this all turns out. I see visions of an entire household being down!

No comments: